The FARO Edge ScanArm HD delivers rapid point cloud collection with high-definition scan data and precise accuracy — all in a compact, easy-to-use, and affordable system. The integrated system combines the trusted FaroArm for tactile probing with all of the advantages of a groundbreaking laser line scanner – creating the most versatile contact/non-contact 3D measurement system on the market.
It is the ideal tool for rapid prototyping as it enables the fast collection of highly accurate and detailed 3D scan data that can be designed and modified to easily produce a water tight, 3D printable mesh or wrap. Additionally, the system is heavily utilized for many other product development, inspection and quality control applications, and offers capabilities such as point-cloud comparison with CAD, reverse engineering, and 3D modeling of free-form surfaces.
Who’s It For
Manufacturing and engineering professionals interested in maximizing efficiencies in their production and quality assurance processes.
Features and Benefits
Rapid Scanning Speed
• The extra wide scan stripe and fast frame rate boosts productivity by increasing coverage and reducing scanning time.
High Definition Data
• Intricate components can be captured in fine detail as a result of the 2,000 actual points per scanline from the new blue laser, featuring noise reduction technology.
Scan Challenging Materials
• Seamlessly scan across diverse surface materials regardless of contrast, reflectivity or part complexity without any special coatings as a result of the improved HDR (High Dynamic Range) Mode and advanced software algorithms.
Compact, Lightweight, and Simple to Use
• Dramatically reduce required training time with the new crosshair feature and existing LED Rangefinder functionality which provides real-time scanning feedback.
• The small size and friendly user-interface result in a versatile and intuitive tool.
Highly Accurate and Repeatable
• Reliable, repeatable and highly accurate measurement data is delivered with confidence as a result of superior optical performance.